Group Progress Check!



Hey guys! Today, in class, I participated in a group discussion with members not in my project group about my group’s project progress and gained advice from others not in my group for an outside perspective, in addition to providing insight into others’ projects.


I started by explaining the premises and plot of our film, if it were to be a full length film, and then specified the specifics of what our opening would contain. I then referenced some of my blog posts specifically to show where we were in the process, such as us shooting the first half of the opening and storyboarding the entire thing. After this occurred everyone seemed to like the idea and thought our progress was efficient thus far. 

I then proposed the idea that my group had a small dilemma when it came to finding non-cheesy background music for the beginning. The group was super helpful as they tried to find good websites for the type of music I was looking for and helped me eliminate some of the mediocre options I had already found. The other big idea my group discussed was finding a movie title for my group's film to include at the end of the opening credits. Although we never got a final name decided on, we discussed that since it’s a drama film it should not include a soccer pun, and should instead be a more symbolic title reflecting the coming of age and becoming an individual meaning of the movie in general.


Although at first having this group meeting may have seemed like it wouldn’t be too helpful, I’m happy to report that it definitely was for two main reasons. One was getting advice for the music and just overall aspects of our opening. The other was getting to see where other groups were in the process and how they are solving issues and crafting ideas, which helped further influence my ideas for parts of our projects. Overall, this experience was super helpful; however, the only unhelpful part was my group forgetting to take a picture for our blog posts. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening of “Kicking It”

 Here it is! The long awaited for film opening! Both links should work, however, the google drive one may be higher quality. Enjoy, and than...