Nearing the End of the Process

 BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS! We are almost done with our project! I edited together all the clips and created one cohesive video. Although I may have faced some setbacks along the way, the process was definitely a fun learning process.

The main struggle was getting our opening to fit into the 2 minute time frame maximum. I originally edited everything to the length I thought it looked perfect at, however, then I saw the video was just over 3 minutes long. I knew I had to cut down on some of our footage, so finding parts to cut out that were the least important/vital was difficult to do. What I ended up doing was reducing the number of clips of our character Gabriel playing soccer toward the beginning and one of the short scenes of Gabe in his room after he slams the door closed because my group felt as though these added to our opening the least. This caused me to run into one tiny other problem though. Now, we had to find a way to slightly shorten each clip while still producing quality scenes that show continuity and have proper pacing, so our opening wouldn’t seem rushed. Eventually, after much manipulation, we got it to a point where we were happy with the final product while still keeping out final elements with pretty decent pacing.


The only thing left to do is add the opening credits to the final piece. Looking forward to it and updating you guys until the end of the whole process!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening of “Kicking It”

 Here it is! The long awaited for film opening! Both links should work, however, the google drive one may be higher quality. Enjoy, and than...