Reflection: Final Thoughts

 This will sadly be one of my last process/ reflection blogs before I post the final film opening project. I wanted to take a moment to reflect on some of the key moments of my group’s experience and process with this project. 

I think one of the very first key moments was deciding what we wanted our film to be about and what we wanted our opening to establish. There was a lot of debate and back and forth with me not really wanting to originally do a sports-based movie and other members of my group not wanting to do a rom-com type movie, but eventually we settled and compromised on a sports drama and determined establishing conflict in the opening was our goal as dramas are typically and characteristically filled with conflict. 


Actually getting together to start filming our project was another big moment for us as well because along the way we made some slight changes. For example, some of the lines said were changed to make them more concise and less awkward when said aloud because when writing them they sounded fine, but sounded too formal when actually speaking them to create conversation for the opening. 


I think another big key moment was when we changed the script/ opening from having both parents within it to just the mom because this was vital to keeping our project within the time frame and I think ended up benefiting our project more rather than ruining it.


Lastly, seeing all the clips we’d filmed come together was also a pretty big moment for me because I could see the final product in front of me rather than visualizing it in my head, like we had been doing for the entire length of this project timeline up until this point. Overall, I’m glad this project went fairly smoothly as I had a great, hardworking team and was able to easily grasp and utilize the knowledge I’ve learned in this media course to do so. Project reveal coming very soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening of “Kicking It”

 Here it is! The long awaited for film opening! Both links should work, however, the google drive one may be higher quality. Enjoy, and than...